1) Is first aid boxes mandatory in a workplace?
According to Workplace Safety and Health First-Aid Regulations in Singapore, every workplace should be provided with relevant first aid boxes.
The recommended guide is:
2) What is the recommended number of first aid boxes for a workplace in a building?
Determine the total number of persons employed on the same floor of the building and follow the guide on the type of first aid boxes needed for that floor, refer to question 1.
3) Any other requirements for these first aid boxes placed in a workplace?
Please refer to this link for more information.
4) Any other requirements for these first aid boxes placed in a workplace?
Minimum Contents of First-Aid Boxes
1. Individually wrapped sterile adhesive dressings
2. Crepe bandage 5 cm
3. Crepe bandage 10 cm
4. Absorbent gauze (packet of 10 pieces)
5. Hypoallergenic tape
6. Triangular bandages
8. Safety pins
9. Disposable gloves (pairs)
10. Eye shield
11. Eye pad
12. Resuscitation mask (one-way)
13. Sterile water or saline in 100 ml disposable containers (only where tap water is not available)
14. Torch light
Note: One Box B first-aid box is equivalent to 2 Box A first-aid boxes and one Box C first-aid box is equivalent to 2 Box B first-aid boxes.